Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Lingering Fog



Today, we have a fog lingering over the area. It's supposed to be clearing - but I don't see any signs of it. With the temperature hovering just under freezing, the fog is creating a beautiful frost on everything. If only the sun would come out - the effect would be so dazzling.
The picture above is of the trees around the pond, and all the frost clinging to the branches.

I so badly would like to take a walk in my woods with the camera, and take pictures of the fog and frost on the trees. However, I am not supposed to walk long distances yet, so , I have to be
content with a picture from the backyard.


The picture below is of the edge of the pond, looking out into the field. The fog is still fairly thick,
and it's now almost 4 pm. Most of our snow (we had almost 12" of the white stuff), was washed away in the rain on December 23rd. The winds were horrendous - I'll have to check for downed trees in the woods next time I'm out. Tomorrow, they are calling for freezing drizzle. Yippee. It's a good thing I don't have to go anywhere for the next little while.


I'm looking forward to going out to the barn again in the next few days. Right now, we've been rotating the sheep on who gets to go outside, and who doesn't. Rams one day - ewes the next.
Since the pond is frozen, I have to lock the back pasture to keep the young sheep off of it, so I no longer have a buffer area between the boys and girls - this way keeps my fences from being torn up by randy rams.

I also did a bit of spinning today - I've been wanting to spin since the day after my surgery. It
went quite well. Mostly, I reclined in my big chair - and did a really long draw on the yarn.
It was very relaxing, and as a matter of fact, I found that I was able to tension the wool, and make a very even single that way. I may just adopt this as my new way of spinning. Our new kitten, Johnnie was very interested. He stuck his paw (remember, he's missing a front leg) into the flyer, and actually stopped the wheel once when I wasn't paying total attention to him. After that, he decided he would watch the wheel from a distance, and actually layed down beside me to watch with one eye open. He's learning.

No comments: