Tuesday, July 22, 2008

And Funnel Clouds

I was walking up from the barn tonight after work - when what should appear:

So - I quickly dashed into the house and grabbed my camera and snapped an entire series of
pictures as we watched the funnel cloud forming - and ultimately fizzling. This was just over the
town that is to the south of us - about 1/2 kilometer away. It was ultimately scary - and very transfixing at the same time. I was standing just outside my back door about 20 feet from the house taking these pictures. There were actually 3 funnel clouds all in a row - this one was the most pronounced.

Oh - and don't think I was overly calm. I was yelling at my son between shots to get the cats downstairs into their cages in the event it came down. I am a storm watcher - they fascinate - and terrify me at the same time.

And now - the main portion of the storm is approaching - I guess I'd better sign off before our house gets struck by lightning - again.

2 comments:

Jenny Holden said...

Eeek! Scary but exciting stuff! We've been having stormy weather here too. One of the SSS members had a Shetland Lamb killed by lightening the other day!

Jenny Holden said...

Eeek! Scary stuff! We've been having stormy weather here too, one SSS member had a lamb killed by lightening the other day!