Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring has Finally Sprung - I Hope!

OK - so last time - I spoke too soon. But today - well - it's 75 degrees Farenheit - here's hoping!

So, earlier, I thought I would take a little wander around the pasture, take a few pictures, etc. etc.

I very quietly opened the gate by the pond and went in (all the sheep were up by the barn - and I didn't really want to be mobbed).


Guess I wasn't quiet enough - here comes the gang: Stampede!



Well - after much petting and scratching, I was able to resume my walk (when they discovered that Mom didn't have any cookies).






Anyway - you'll remember our tree that
came over by the pond - well - here's what's
left of it.

Kevin went out last week and cut it up.

We left the fallen tree out for the sheep - guess it
was yummy!

Peggy thinks there might still be a few leaves at the top.







This is Jillian - she's starting to look just a
bit raggedy. Jillian was bred in January - and
is due to have her lamb(s) in mid June.

I think it's time to give my shearer a call - see if he can come out for Mid-May.

My daughter gets home from University next week
- just in time to help out. I bet she'll be thrilled!

You can see how dry the pasture is getting.
We are supposed to get some rain in the next few days.

And in leaving - I'll leave you with a picture of "Fawkes."

Fawkes is a Red Phoenix rooster that I got earlier this year. He's still quite young.
He's quite a striking dude - don't you think? His tail is coming in quite nicely - and can grow up to 6 feet long.






I've put another picture here showing a phoenix with a longer tail.
I'm hoping we can get Fawke's tail quite long - but he will need a special
perch for this.



More soon.

No comments: