Friday, February 16, 2007

Yep We're Crazy


I think the cold has finally gotten to us. This is kind of a long story - sort of.
See, I have a friend named Cate, and 3 of her sheep are here being bred to
one of my rams. By the way - Cate bought these 3 sheep from me last year, so,
I have to say - they are kinda tame to me. Anyway - to make a long story
short - Cate was really missing Minn (one of her sheep). One night a few weeks ago after
work, my Daughter Brittany and I went out to Minns stall, and took some pictures to
send to Cate. Minn was very obliging - and had a really good time - that's Britt in
the picture with her. Later that night, I sent Cate an e-mail post card, telling her what a good
time she was having - you know - "having a great time, wish you were here".
Cate really enjoyed it - I think it lifted her spirits a bit.
Minn and her friends are leaving us tomorrow to go home, and I'm going to miss them all over
again.
I will have to see what other mischief I can get into.

On a brighter note, we were lucky in the last snow storm - we only received about 12" of the white stuff. However, the drifts are quite high. Today, the tempuratures got up to around 28 degrees F. I think by Monday, we're supposed to get up above zero - I'm sure we will all think it is quite balmy.

I have quite a bit of work to do in the barn. Tomorrow I will be putting the 2 rams back in together. I have to shuffle stalls around, move and rebuild the chicken coop, along with getting
Cates sheep ready to go - it's going to be a busy weekend. I'll have to go back to work next week just to get a rest.

No comments: