Thursday, November 20, 2008

Overdue Thanks

While we're waiting for the next snowfall (8" predicted for the next few days), I thought I should send some overdue thanks to a wonderful friend.

A few weeks ago, I opened the mail and found this little gift:

My wonderful friend Kim
made this little purse out of a silk cap. If you read her blog, she explains how she made them.
I e-mailed her and told her how much I liked them. I forgot all about the e-mail until a few weeks ago when the purse showed up in the mail. THANK YOU KIM - you are a wonderful friend - and very talented too.

I've also been busy getting ready for a few more pottery sales coming up in the next few weeks.


The other day when we had all the snow - I spent a few hours making mini bird house ornaments for the sale. These are about 2" high. I'll fire them in the kiln this weekend, so have to get them dried before Saturday. I have to also make some fridge magnets and spice balls - then fire it all up - and glaze them for next weekend. I can see now that I'll be spending lots of late nights in the studio this next week.

After all this is done - I'd really like to clean my house and get ready for Christmas - I haven't even started shopping yet.

So much to do - so little time.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think I've loved all the pottery projects you've ever shown on your blog! You are so creative!