Monday, September 10, 2007

Rest In Peace my Sweet Baby Boy

Well - tonight is a very sad night in our house.
I came home from work tonight, to find that
my little Mew had passed away not long before.

Mew - who I fondly called "My Baby Boy" had
cardio myopathy - or a very irregular heartbeat.
He had suffered a saddle thrombosis on January
27th of this year - and was paralyzed in the hind end. Mew had an incredible will to live, and made a miraculous recovery and was able to walk and run almost like a normal cat again.
He was originally a barn cat - but after the thrombosis - he became a house cat. He never missed a beat - and was the cuddliest cat you would ever be likely to meet. This past few weeks, I knew he was not doing very well, so I spent as much time with him as possible.
With Cardio-myopathy - they are ticking time bombs. Thankfully this morning, I took some extra time to cuddle with him before going off to work. Even though it was not unexpected, his passing was still very traumatic. There will be a major empty spot in our lives without him.
Since he loved being with me so much, I've decided to have him cremated, and his urn will have a space on the livingroom shelf. I couldn't bear the thought of burying him outside - he wanted to be in the house with me so badly.

And so we say - Adieu my Little Baby Boy - for We will meet again. And my love for you shall
never diminish. Mew - 1999 to September 10, 2007.

4 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

BIG HUGS!!! I know its hard to lose a dear friend.

I need orange said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is always so hard when they must go on without us.

-- Vicki in Michigan

Tina T-P said...

Like you said - even though it was to be expected, it never makes it any easier - sorry for your loss.

I enjoyed reading your blog - I see my friend Vicki at i need orange is one of your friends too - it always amazes me to "find" people in unexpected places -

Juliann said...

Tammy, I am sorry for your loss.